Life Science Chapter 3: We are learning about…
How animals and plants live in different habitats.
Vocabulary: adaptation, desert, forest, freshwater, habitat, precipitation, rainforest, saltwater, savanna, season, temperature, tundra
A habitat provides air, food, and water to the plants and animals that live there.
Animals have adaptations, such as thick fur in cold habitats or thin fur in hot habitats.
Plants adapt with types of roots or types of leaves to collect or hold water as they need.
Test: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
YouTube Link (Story Read Aloud): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48xKkpM3gYQ
We are learning about …
- Vocabulary: beware, damage, bend, flash, pounding, prevent, reach, equal (See Attachment)
- Vocabulary Strategies: Compound Words (rain + bow = rainbow; sun + shine = sunshine)
- Comprehension: Main Ideas (What the story or paragraph is about) Details (More information about the main idea)
- Phonics: Consonant Digraphs (th, sh, wh, ch, tch, ph) Endings (~s, ~ed, ~ing)
Grammar: Verbs (jump, sit, run, rains)
- High-Frequency Words: before, eye, few, happy, high, my, open, people, starts, yellow
- Writing: Informative Writing
Journeys Tests: Thursday, December 12, 2019
Reading Test: Vocabulary & Comprehension
Language Arts Test: Phonics & Grammar
Chapter 5: We are learning about …
- Subtracting 2-Digit Numbers
- Regrouping in Subtraction
- Solving Word Problems
Math Test: Tuesday, January 21, 2020